Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Balancing Law School with a Social Life

While we’re here classes must be our number one priority, however even the greatest student can’t study 24 hours per day. It is important, for your social, mental, and physical health, to learn how to balance work with play. Although I strongly encourage dedicating the proper amount of time to your classes, I also recommend finding healthy ways to unwind at the end of the day/week. Personally, I go to dinner with girlfriends every Friday night. This is a great way for me to relax, and enjoy my life outside of law school. Others enjoy watching TV, seeing a movie, going to the gym, or a myriad of other relaxing activities. However, I do have one disclaimer: because we live in Miami, there are many distractions and temptations present by way of nightlife. I strongly advise against finding solace from the stress of law school in nightclubs and alcohol. I know they’re fun, but it’s hard to recover from a night of partying while trying to read in the library. Sorry if I sound like a bore, but we have to keep our long-term goals in mind. I promise, it will pay off in the end!

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree- It sucks that you can't go to South Beach, but my grades are so much better since I don't go out too much.

    ReplyDelete