Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Back to School

The first couple of weeks have gone from having nothing to do to having too much to do. Orientation was a blast. I find it entertaining watching the incoming class adjusting to life as a law student. It is exciting and nerve racking all at the same time wondering whether you will make it, but almost everyone passes so no worries. That being said, I recently told someone that I almost wish I was a 1L again, but then I realized what I meant. Being a 3L is not unlike the other 2 years: school is a job. The exception is of course that many 3Ls actually have real jobs. It is an intensive lesson in time management skills. As a 1L, you have complete focus on four core classes and legal writing, excluding obligations outside of school. As a 3L, class focus comes at the end of the day after all of your other obligations are fulfilled or perhaps before class like I am doing now....

No comments:

Post a Comment