Saturday, February 6, 2010

Law Review

Last semester, I was fortunate enough to be selected as a Member-Candidate for the St. Thomas Law Review. In our school, you have two opportunities to become a Member-Candidate—you can either (1) “grade-on” by being in the top 10% of your class, or (2) “write-on” by participating in a legal writing competition. Either way, becoming a Member-Candidate is a blessing, and a curse. Of course, it is extremely exciting, and an honor to participate in such a prestigious organization. However, it is also SO MUCH WORK! At the time, I was constantly stressed. But now, in retrospect, I see how much I gained from being a Member-Candidate. My research and writing skills have improved exponentially, and I was fortunate enough to have fantastic third year students serve as my mentors. I learned so much from them, and I consider myself fortunate to have had the unique opportunity work with other intelligent and motivated students. Now, I am proud to be a full Member of the Law Review, and I hope I can serve as a mentor to the new Member-Candidates.

No comments:

Post a Comment